RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES IN NEED
Where Nevadans Find the Help They Need Nevada 2-1-1 is Nevada’s most comprehensive, free connection to critical health and human services. Information about local community services is available in a single statewide location that can be accessed via voice, text, and online. Nevada 2-1-1 is a statewide partnership that is led by the State of Nevada, United Way of Southern Nevada, United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra, Crisis Call Center, and HELP of Southern Nevada. The goal of this partnership is to connect any and all Nevadans to the vital health and human resources and to eliminate the confusion and frustration of knowing where to turn in a time of need. For Additional Resources, visit www.nevada211.org. This page was last updated in May of 2018.
• Catholic Charities Social Services – Need rent receipts and Social Security cards for all family members, as well as picture ID for the head of household.
• 1501 North Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-387-2253
• Deseret Industries Thrift Store – Must have a referral from an LDS Bishop. Assistance is free with the referral and client does not have to be LDS. This is geared toward those deficient in basic life and work skills. Furniture and appliances may also be available.
• 3750 W Craig Road, N Las Vegas, NV 89032 702- 649-8191
• 4655 E Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89121 702- 547-0320
• Dress For Success Southern Nevada – Provides professional clothing and counseling for women who are job-ready. Must be referred by an approved agency. Division of Welfare and Supportive Services is an approved agency; please check with your NEON worker (caseworker or social worker).
• 3400 W Desert Inn Rd, Ste 25, Las Vegas, NV 89102 702-684-6412
• Faith Lutheran Thrift Store – One free change of clothing with agency referral on letterhead. List all names and ages for those needing clothing.
• 4530 Meadows Lane, Suite 1, Las Vegas 702-.646-5668
• Hope Link of Southern Nevada – Resource center can assist with clothing and household items.
• 178 Westminster Way, Henderson 702-566-0576
• Las Vegas Rescue Mission – Free clothing giveaways Monday-Thursday from 8:30am to 11am to the homeless and needy of this community.
• 480 West Bonanza Road, Las Vegas 702-382-1766
• Martin’s Thrift Shop – One free change of clothing (requires proof of assistance, (i.e. referral with names and Social Security numbers). Also have very low cost clothes for sale. Open 10am thru 2pm Monday through Saturday. Closed Sundays and holidays.
• 1219 South Main Street, Las Vegas 702-382-9344
Salvation Army Thrift Store –
• Some free clothing with referral from the Salvation Army Shelter. Salvation Army Family Assistance also helps with food bags and clothing.
• 4001 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-878-8022
• 4305 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas 702-456-7593
• 2035 Yale Street, Las Vegas 702-642-3811
• 360 North Stephanie Street, Henderson 702-436-3100
• 4196 South Durango, Las Vegas 702-227-3795
St. Jude’s Good Buy Thrift Shop – Lost cost clothes for sale.
• 1717 East Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-386-0772
Women’s Resource Centers – Free maternity and baby clothes only (up to children’s size 5). Also diapers, formula, and peer counseling. By appointment only No voucher required.
• 2915 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite 1, Las Vegas 702-366-1247
HELP of Southern Nevada - Clothing vouchers available Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
1640 East Flamingo Road, Suite 100, Las Vegas 702-369-4357
Operation School Bell - Clothing for school aged children. Contact your child's school for more information.
• All About You Counseling- Individual, & family counseling, with In-Home therapy options, accepts Amerigroup.
• 2904 W Horizon Pkwy, Su 101, Henderson, NV 89052……………702-754-0807
• Bridge Counseling – Sliding scale, requires appointment, 8:30am - 7:00pm, Monday through Wednesday; 8:30am - 8:00pm Thursday; 8:30am - 5:30pm Friday; and 8:30am-12:30pm Saturday.
• 1640 Alta Drive, Suite 4, Las Vegas 702-474-6450
• Community Counseling Center
• 714 East Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas 702-369-8700
• Desert Behavioral Health - Medicaid accepted. Offers a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and adults with psychiatric and behavioral problems.
• 2775 South Jones Boulevard, Suite 101, Las Vegas 702-685-3300
• HeadsUp- Individual, family, and couples counseling. Accepts Medicaid, Amerigroup, HPN and other insurances.
• 2801 S. Valley View Blvd, Suite 6, Las Vegas 702-922-7015
• Human Behavioral Institute- Individual, family, and couples counseling. Accepts HPN (Health Plan of NV)
• 2740 S. Jones Blvd LV, NV 89146 702-248-8866
• Mojave Mental Health – Accepts Medicaid.
• Children’s Unit
• 6375 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite A100, Las Vegas 702-253-0818
• Adult Unit
• 4000 East Charleston Boulevard, Suite B230, Las Vegas 702-968-5000
• Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services
• 6161 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-486-6000
• Southern Nevada Child and Adolescent Services
• 6171 West Charleston Boulevard, Building 8, Las Vegas 702-486-6120
• Special Children’s Clinic – Developmentally delayed children ages 0-3 years
• 1161 South Valley View Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-486-7670
• Clark County Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline 702-399-0081
• Southern Nevada Child & Adolescent Services – Monday through
• Friday 8:00 am until 5:00pm. Emotional crises, suicide, abuse of youths and families.
• 6171 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-486-6120
• The Rape Crisis Center
• 801 South Rancho Drive, Suite B-2, Las Vegas (OFFICE) 702-385-2153
• Hotline 702-366-1640
• Safe Nest - Battered women crisis intervention and counseling
o 2915 West Charleston Boulevard, Suite 12, Las Vegas. 702-877-0133
o Hotline 702-646-4981 or (800) 486-7282
• Safe Place - Provides access to immediate help and supportive resources for all young people, ages 12-17, in crisis through a network of sites sustained by qualified agencies, trained volunteers and businesses. Youth may text the word SAFE and current location to 69866 and they will receive an address of the nearest Safe Place site and contact number for the local youth shelter. Youth may also call 383-1332 or 866-U-ARE-SAFE (866-827-3723) for the nearest Safe Place.
• Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255
• Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
• St. Vincent’s Plaza Lied Dining Room
• Lunch is served 12:00pm until 1:00pm for the homeless.
• Dinner is served from 4:00pm until 5:30pm ONLY for those in approved programs (i.e. Shade Tree). Can assist with other necessities.
• Food Pantry Monday 8:00 am until 5:00pm, Tuesday-Friday 8:00am until 3:00pm. Bring ID on EVERYONE in the household and proof of residency (i.e. rent receipt or utility bill).
• 1501 North Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-387-2291
• FISH Emergency Assistance
• Call and they will direct you to one of their six local food banks. You are limited to one visit every six weeks. FEA is open four days a week, four hours a day, 9am-1pm; Mon, Wed, Thurs, & Fri
• Las Vegas Rescue Mission – Dinner is served at 5:00pm.
• 480 West Bonanza Road, Las Vegas 702-382-1766
• Lutheran Social Services - Food Pantry that will assist 80-100 families each day. Hours are Monday through Thursday starting at 8:00 a.m.
• 51 North Pecos Road, North Las Vegas 702-639-1730
• Salvation Army Dining Hall –
• Doors open for dinner from 3:00pm until 3:30pm.
• 35 West Owens Avenue, Las Vegas 702-649-7638
• Weekend Emergency Assistance Program - Provide 3 meals for 3 days to families in need, as well as, information/referrals to other agencies. Hours are Saturdays from 9:00 am. until 1:00 p.m. and Sundays from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please bring photo ID for the head of household, Social Security Cards for all family members and Proof of Residence (lease agreement, rent receipt, or current utility bill that shows your address).
• 2727 Civic Center Drive North Las Vegas 702-383-4054
Family-to-Family Connection - Free services to families of newborn babies and infants up to the age of four. Parenting classes offered at various locations. Call for more information
6114 West Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas 702-870-9583
Parenting Project - The Parenting Project offers a series of free programs to help parents be more effective in raising their children. Classes offered at various locations in Las Vegas.
**Call for dates and locations 702-455-5295
• Catholic Charities (Day & Night emergency shelter)
• 1504 North Main Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 (Men 18+) 702-387-2282
• Crossroads/Transitional Housing for Senior Men – For men 50-70 years of age who have recently experiences a traumatic life event (i.e. death of a spouse, etc.) that jeopardizes their ability to live independently. Screened by social services staff on premises.
• 1504 North Main Street, Las Vegas 702-387-2284
• Daily Resource Center- Men and Women from March 17th to November 17th winter shelter is free this may be extended beyond March depending on funding. Months outside of November to March are $9.00 a night.
• 33 West Owens Las Vegas, NV 89030 702-701-5368
• Family Promise – Shelter for families. Call for intake 702-638-8806
• Hope link (emergency shelter subject to funding) Monday through Thursday 8 am to 6pm 78 Westminster Way Henderson, NV 89015 702-566-0494
• Las Vegas Rescue Mission/Family Shelter – Women and children stay separate from men. Women and children must report in by 5:00pm for intake into the women’s shelter. Men are interviewed for intake in the transient food line from 4:00pm- 6:00pm. No phone interviews.
• 480 West Bonanza Road, Las Vegas 702-382-1766
• St. Vincent’s Help Apartments (Men & Women 18+)
• 1521 Las Vegas Blvd North 702-366-2090
• Salvation Army – Doors open to anyone. For shelter residents breakfast is served at 6:15am and dinner is served at 3:20pm. Men stay separate from women and children.
• 37 West Owens Avenue, Las Vegas 702-639-0277
• Shade Tree Shelter – Women, children & single women (24 hour a day sign in)
• 1 West Owens Avenue, Las Vegas 702-385-0072
• Outreach Workers
• Metro Homeless Liaison 702-828-1556
• Street Teens 702-215-4173
• Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth 702-224-4283